Athletic Eligibility Requirements
In accordance with the Arizona Interscholastic Association and the Deer Valley Unified School District eligibility rules, the following items must be on file in the athletic office prior to any athletic participation, including tryouts and/or practices:
1. Physical Exam and Acknowledgment Form (required each year) Physical exam must be performed after March 1 for the following year. This form also includes acknowledgement statements to be signed by the parent and athletic regarding risk and provided information. Make sure you keep the information pamphlet attached to the form.
2. Emergency Information Form (required each year) This form includes acknowledgement for medical insurance. You may provide personal insurance information or you may obtain a school insurance form through the athletic office.
3. Copy of your Birth Certificate (required only once in your career) The athletic office must have a separate copy of the birth certificate. The athletic office does not have access to any copy you may have provided to the counseling office. This certificate must be certified by the appropriate state agency.
4. Athletic Informed Consent Form (required each year) To insure a level of understanding and safety, athletes and parents MUST view the DVUSD “informed consent” video presentation prior to participation. Both athlete and parent must sign the Athletic Informed Consent Form.
5. AIA Sportsmanship & DVUSD Code of Conduct Forms (required each year) Both parent/guardian and student athlete are required to read and sign the AIA sportsmanship forms each year and the district Code of Conduct form. These forms must be returned to the athletic office to be cleared.